Mudkipz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Posting

Go down

Double Posting Empty Double Posting

Post  n3wb5un173d Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

I have been busy nerfing post counts around the forum by merging double posts.

STOP DOUBLE POSTING.

If, in 24 hours, I have to merge 2 or more pairs of posts together you'll get a spot on the Wall of Shame.

Double Posting:

One common faux pas on Internet forums is to post the same message twice. Users sometimes post versions of a message that are only slightly different, especially in forums where they are not allowed to edit their earlier posts. Multiple posting instead of editing prior posts can artificially inflate a user's post count. Multiple posting can be unintentional; a user's browser might display an error message even though the post has been transmitted or a user of a slow forum might become impatient and repeatedly hit the submit button. Multiple posting can also be used as a method of trolling or spreading forum spam. A user may also send the same post to several forums, which is termed crossposting. This problem was inherited from Usenet and is a common complaint in many forums.

1. A double post is two posts in a row that can be made into one post, but the person decides to post it in two separate posts. The posts have to have a common element though, if not it is just rambling.

EXAMPLES OF DOUBLE POSTS
1a. ADAM- I really hope school starts back up soon, I really miss everyone.
1b. ADAM- I just collected three new Pokemon cards to add to my deck.

2a. MAX- I hurt my foot yesterday.
2b. MAX- I think it might be broken or something.

Forum Ranks are are ranks for a reason; spam to get them and you'll get demoted and your stay on the Wall of Shame will be longer.
n3wb5un173d
n3wb5un173d

Character sheet
Field Uno:
HP Bar:
Double Posting Left_bar_bleue200/200Double Posting Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum